Napa Parlor will be holding a formal grand officer initiation at the
NSGW Hall in Napa on the 5th Monday of September on the 30th.
You and your parlor members are cordially invited to attend and bring any candidates
who have been obligated but not initiated. Please contact the Napa parlor in advance
if you have initiates that want to attend
Discovery of Gold Weekend
January 24th thru 26th 202
NSGW Board Meeting, Dedication, Lunch & Dinner
Friday January 24
• Check-in at Comfort Suites near Six Flags Magic Mountain at 3:00 p.m.
• Located at 25380 N. The Old Road, Stevenson Ranch, CA 91381. (661) 254-7700, Manager Elizabeth
• Reserve under group: Native Sons of the Golden West Rooms blocked are 35. King 5, 2 queen bed 30 Room rate is $129, with taxes $144. This rate includes breakfast served 6:00 – 9:00 a.m.
• Registration will be in the Breakfast Room adjacent to the hotel lobby
Saturday January 25
• Complimentary breakfast at hotel at 6:00 a.m., Board meetings at Placerita Canyon Nature Center classroom 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Located at 19152 Placerita Canyon Rd. Newhall, CA 91321. (661) 259-7721
• Lunch: Lunch will be served at 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. in the picnic area of the Nature Center. It will be croissant sandwiches from Costco with fillings of roast beef and cheese, ham and cheese and tuna salad. It will include bags of chips, a salad and beverages.
• Dedication: The dedication of the Walker Cabin will be at 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. along the nature trail.
• Reception: A reception will be hosted by the Friends of Placerita Canyon Nature Center and will be held in the classroom or the picnic area. This will be an opportunity for NSGW to meet and talk to potential new members.
• Dinner: Social Hour and Dinner will be from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. It will be held in the Freight Room of the Saugus Depot; located at Heritage Junction Historic Park 24101 Newhall Ave., Newhall, CA.91321. It is adjacent to the William S. Hart Park.
• Speaker: The speaker for the evening will be Dr. Alan Pollack. The title of his talk is “Oak of Golden Dreams”.
• Menu: No host bar – beer and wine. Dinner catered by EL Pollo Loco and consists of grilled chicken, salad, rice, beans, tortillas, chips and salsa or guacamole and dessert
Sunday September 26
• Complimentary breakfast 6:00 – 9:00 a.m. Checkout time is 11:00 a.m.
Join us for the Sonoma Parlor Annual “Surf and Turf” Dinner!
You, your family, and friends are invited to a special event presented by the
Native Sons of the Golden West Sonoma Parlor 111!
Join us on the evening of Saturday, January 25, 2020 for a special 16oz Rib Eye steak and Shrimp dinner for Sonoma Parlor 111 members, future members, families, and friends are all welcome to attend. The event will start at 6:00 p.m. at the Sonoma Veterans Memorial Building, located on 126 1st Street West, Sonoma, CA 95476
The special Sonoma parlor price for this event is only $45.00 per person – price includes dinner with wine and desert with coffee) Dancing. and a cash bar will be available.
What’s on the Menu?
16oz Bone-in Rib Eye steak, Skewered Prawns, Salad, Dinner Roll
and Wine will be severed with dinner. Cheesecake and Coffee for Desert
Live Music, Dancing, Games, 50/50 raffle and our famous Silent Auction
6:00 pm Cocktails – No Host Bar
7:00 pm Dinner is Served
8:00 pm – 10:00 pm After Dinner Dancing and Social
This annual event has generated more than $90,000 in the past years. And as always all proceeds will be donated to the N.S.G.W. Sonoma Parlor #111 High School Scholarship fund and other local school programs.